Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, October 22

Friday Fives

1 You're making a CD mix titled, "The Soundtrack of My Life." Which songs would you include, and why? I'll skip the why, and we'll try to go chronologically. One more thing, I'll do this not by songs, but by albums. We'll start with the first cassette I owned. Van Halen - 1984, The Police - Synchronicity, Ratt - Out of the Cellar, Metallica - Master of Puppets, Anthrax - Among the Living, Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan, Neil Young - After the Gold Rush, Guns & Roses - Appetite for Destruction, Grateful Dead - In the Dark, U2 - The Joshua Tree, Joe Myers - House with nine rooms, Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream, Pearl Jam - Ten, Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming, Tom Waits - Rain Dogs, Bruce Springsteen - The Rising, Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy 2. What is your favorite song right now? Two years ago? In college? now? I guess it would be Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson - Me and Paul, from VH1 Storytellers. Two years ago? about every song from U2's 'All that you can't leave behind' 3. You're feeling down, sad, lonely, frustrated, angry ... which songs do you play to help yourself feel better? well, I have a special song that I play specifically for grieving, Samba pa ti from Santana. As for mood swings, I tend to do early Dylan and George Harrison's 'All things must pass' in constant rotation for about two weeks and then don't touch them for a year or so. I have a feeling the recently discovered Warren Zevon record 'Excitable Boy' will always be a strange and trusty companion as well. 4. Do you watch any of the competitive reality TV shows Why/why not? Do you have a favorite to win any one of the competitions? not really. I used to be a Survivor nut, but my schedule the last couple of years has made it too much trouble to keep up with. My favorite protagonist will always be Rupert 5. Do most of your friends generally share your taste in music? to some degree. I guess I would say they share my taste in music in that they complement it. Like personalities or political beliefs, everyone brings something different to the table. That said, I prefer to hang out with like minded people... it saves me time having to explain what a complete failure our president is. As always, thanks to go to Roy for this week's questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home