Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, October 1

Friday Fives

Friday Fives

Tonight we have a special election debate forum of the Friday Fives. Last time Roy and I spoke, I had joked I would pay him per word for the new Friday Fives. My mistake, reader. 1. We are deep in the trenches of the political season, with congressmen, senators, presidents, oh my. Last week, we talked a bit about the "what-if" vision for your city, if you were mayor. Taking a step back to the bigger picture, what five things do you look for before you cast your ballot? What does it take for a Democrat, a Republican, a Libertarian, a Green Party candidate to get your vote? well, to me the famed tag of 'professional politician' is not a drag. I have nothing but respect for people who have crafted a life of public service. I think it is a mark of honor, and I would be thrilled to be one day described as 'someone who has spent his life in public service'. That is not a dis, my friends... and if you feel that all politicians are thieves and weasels, then get in the race and clean it up! That being said, I feel consistently secure with the goals of the Democratic party. 2. The Grammy's were just given out and HBO, with their stable of Sopranos and hot city ladies lunching in the city, clean up. On the other, Salon.com gave out their first annual "Buffy" awards to television shows that didn't get an awards but deserve one. What tv shows, movies, albums, books and performers that were given an award in the last year deserve more attention, by blog readers or the public in general. (Short version of this question: Who was robbed?) Dunno, I don't watch most TV because I work nights. I rely a good deal on the Daily Show from Comedy Central... but they won a buttload of Emmys, so they don't need me espousing their virtues. That being said, I try to never miss Mythbusters on Discovery, and Arrested Development on Fox. 3. In five bullet points or less - explain NASCAR to me. I still don't get it. (And I work for Nextel, where it is a career expectation!) shit, I have no idea. I do know a redneck joke though: Why do southerners have sex doggie style? So they can both watch the races. There it is. Not even an indictment on southern culture... just a joke to show how completely (and blissfully) out of touch with Nascar culture. 4. Career advice: There is a person who sits very near to me who burps all day long. She (yes, she) lets loose with these enormous belches, without so much as an excuse me or a polite covering of the mouth with her hand or napkin. Name five annoying things your coworkers do around the office/shop. How do you deal with that? Well, I have a complaint... but it is completely my own issue. Where I sit (in a cube in a call center) I am very close to two religious people. I have no problem with that, however I find myself working very hard not to say things that might offend them. I have total respect for decent religious working people, but I have completely differing beliefs from most pious folk. My intentions are as noble as theirs... mine just involve the 'F bomb' more frequently in conversation then they would like. 5. It's a rainy autumn weekend ahead. That means cocoa, a DVD or two and perhaps a blankie. I always get nostalgic this time of year for old movies, television and food. And I have a few new books to read. What are you favorite ways to spend a rainy day? the word is snow too, about which I am stoked. What can I say that you didn't? Broncos game on Sunday, watch the snow, and sip hot buttered rum... life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home