Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, December 17

Friday Fives

1. You are trapped in the car on the traditional family holiday road trip. What five things must accompany you on the trip for survival? (Snacks, games, diversions, comfort all come into play.)

an Atlas, so I can see and learn and anticipate the cool things going on around me. Also, some tuneage of course. Lastly, one of my guitars. Probably an Electric, so I can jam along and not bother anyone with the noise. Oh yes, and a good magazine... or several.

2. Along the same lines: If you could take a road trip to anywhere do you just hop in the car and go or lots of tedious, meticulous follow-the-time-table planning? Where does it take you?

I am the hop in the car and go person, no question about it. My wonderful wife, however, is the opposite. Her way is better though because we get to see and d more.

3. Barring the use of plane, car, train or boat - what would be your favorite mode of transport for your ideal road trip (real places aren't necessarily in order for this answer - be creative.)


A train. I got to take a train the first time recently in Spain and it was awesome. We had our own little quasi mini apartment sleeper car and it was overnight and it was so cool. Very romantic. Now, the destination with no limits? Well that would clearly be an underwater journey now wouldn't it?

4. Did you ever play any travel games when you were a kid, such as "the license plate game" or "20 questions"? If you had to entertain Reid on a car trip, how would you keep him from getting bored/antsy during long trips?

Yes, and I still do. In fact, as you read this I am in the middle of a 12 hour jaunt straight through from here to there. The game I like to play (and often it is will myself as I drive) is the alphabet sign game. You find a fixed sign (meaning other cars or truckers don't count) that starts with the letter 'A'. This is easy, then you go to 'B'. Road signs and businesses along the way all count. However, when you are in the middle of Colorado in the middle of the night, finding a road sign that starts with an X or Z gets much tougher. Also, I utilize books on tape for these types of trips. Last big road trip we took a few months ago I listened to the Clinton book, which was cool.

5. New mini topic: This is the start of the holiday weekend celebrations. What is your winter drink? (Booze and soda is hardly considered a special holiday drink.) I mean something fun and special. How is your signature beverage concocted?

Geesh, good question. I do love a cocktail now and then, but have no signature style. Clearly this is a problem. The good news is that I am going to open this one up to the audience, a la Trump. You tell me what my new holiday drink should be, America!

As always, our Fives come from Roy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home