Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, December 31

Friday Fives

1. When you hear the word "Dandelion" what comes to mind? Yellow weedish flower in a lawn or the grey, snowlike puffball, perched to explode into the air?

Dandelions are the bane of my summer existence, because of the lawn. See, they are pretty tame until you mow over one. Once you to that, they sprout like five heads.

2. Any New Year's resolutions? Do you keep resolutions or routinely break them like a child's Christmas toy the day after the holiday?

Historically, for just such reasons as you mentioned... I don't make them. I haven't made one in years really. Last year I said I wanted to learn to drink black coffee, because I am too high maintenance with coffee. I need sugar and cream and all that crap. So, I wanted to be a man and drink it black. Problem is, I am apparently the only person who can make a good cup of fresh coffee without it tasting terribly bitter. So, I still drink coffee the foofy way when I am out... but only out of necessary. Yep, I am a coffee snob.

3. Do you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. How do you cope with all the darkness and cabin fever?

No way, I love the winter. I love snow and weather and cold. I also love any excuse to sleep in and relax at home watching DVDs. Me likey Winter, because growing up in Phoenix we didn't have Winter.

4. Merle Haggard asks the question: "Are the good times really over for good?"

Are the good times over? No way, brohan... the good times have barely even begun. Every day I live I build better friendships, and somehow keep getting paid more. Also, one would theorize that each day I am getting at least a little better at guitar. Every day is good, and I can't wait for tomorrow!

5. You've rented a sky-writer to propose to your significant other, but it's completely overcast. What will you do?

Skywriter? What, are you gay? I just recently got married, and have been thinking about the proposal for quite sometime. It was critical that there be no outside influence. I didn't want family or coworkers or weather anywhere near. Every second was carefully orchestrated in my head. Of course, the actual execution was a bit sloppier, but the heart was there. In fact, I'll tell you a little romantic tale (which is frankly none of your business). I bought the engagement ring the day before Valentines day. I wanted to do a romantic proposal on Feb 14th (because Valentines Day would be easy to remember for anniversary, see). Anyhow, once I had the ring I was so excited and nervous that I couldn't wait. I proposed to her the night I had the ring in my hand... Feb 13th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home