Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, March 18

Friday Fives

1. Would you consider yourself a good singer? How would you describe your singing voice?

No, I am a terrible singer. Just terrible. My singing voice is this flat nasally monotone thing. Normally this wouldn't be an issue for most people. I mean, look at you. However, I am a good guitar player who could be quite happy and successful being one of those singer/songwriter guys. As you know by now, music is my great love. If I could sing, I wouldn't have to pander this drivel to you.
To be honest though, I am getting at least as much enjoyment from writing to you all as I used to from music. Good news regarding that analogy, I have spoke with my council and you can download this stuff as often as you want. No charge!

2. Do you sing in the shower? What about in your car? Do you sing along to the radio/CDs a lot? Do you prefer singing when you're alone, or do you belt out tunes at any time?

I do not sing in the shower, but positively sing in the car. Like everyone, I pretty much crank it up and dork out. It's gets pretty silly when I am jamming to Jaz Z (seriously, download '99 Problems', it rocks!). However, for reasons just like that my truck is very well tinted. Also, when no one is around, I sing along with myself as I play guitar.

3. Who is your favorite singer at the moment, and why?

Well, frankly that is way too big of a question for someone like me. Yee Gods man, I just nearly topped off my iPod last night with 4200 songs. What the hell do I need 4200 songs with me everywhere I go? It's the greatest thing in the world though.

So I will answer, in a qualified manner. There is a singer whose voice I have really come to appreciate for it's confident power. Todd Park Mohr from Big Head Todd. If you aren't from Colorado, that doesn't mean much. I have been a casual fan of them for years (it's law in Colorado, actually) but recently bought a DVD of theirs. To watch him knock out 'Bittersweet' to me is like getting to watch Van Gogh work with oil. As Roy says, it is one of the great 'signature artist songs' of rock. Sorry to be so long winded tonight. I am fired up after having watched the Dylan movie 'Masked and Anonymous'

4. Do you ever watch the show "American Idol"? Who will win this year's competition?

Ever watched? yes. I watched the first two I think. Then, a blessing happened... I was put on the nightshift back at Echostar. I was working until midnight and could only watch cable. It kicked me of all my stupid tv show addictions. I dropped Survivor and Friends and American Idol and it was great. I mean, with Seinfeld gone... why does anyone bother?

Of course, I have a new stable of must see tv: Mythbusters (on Discovery) and Arrested Development (on Fox). So as to who will win this year... don't know.

5. Name a song that accurately reflects the way that you're feeling right now.

I would have to go with a song called 'Takin' it Easy' from Brad. You probably haven't heard of them, and that is ok. I found them because they are an offshoot of my beloved Pearl Jam. Apparently their roadie once had lunch with the distant cousin of one of Pearl Jam's roadies. Just kidding, of course. Both bands share the wonderful Stone Gossard. Anyhow, it is just a wonderful and relaxing great song. I had the priveledge to see this band from a few feet away with about 30 other people at a record store years ago with (you guessed it) my great friend Roy. It was terrific, and we got to meet them and get autographs and all that. I am still like a 14 year old kid when it comes to that stuff (meaning, I took my mom's car to get there... then smoked her Virginia Slim's)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home