Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, March 25

Friday Fives

dear faithful reader. I know I haven't been writing much, and I apologize for that. Don't worry, there have been plenty of comings and goings in the news that warrant my attention, but the wife has been on crutches and immobile... so it takes up most of my time getting the two of us about. Plus, I was out of town on business. Plus, I turned 33 this week. From what I understand, both Jesus and John Belushi died at 33... so I got a lot of livin' to do just in case. Now, onto the fives!

1) What's your favorite sport (to watch or participate in)? How often do you have a ritual you participate in as you play it/watch it?

NFL Football. It is the only sport I watch, and missing it is not an option. Sunday's during football season are sacred. Go Broncos!

2) Do you feel that your favorite sport has a lot of negative influences on yourself or others?

Yes, all pro sports. These athletes are over paid, totally over indulged, cheaters (steroids), and these kids aren't even finishing college anymore. Oh, and aside from all this... is there a bigger jerk in all of sports than Barry Bonds? Have you seen these press conferences?

3) As a kid, did you have a sport/athlete idol?

Yes, I have had and still have one and only one sports idol... Walter Payton. His nickname was sweetness. He played for the Chicago Bears in their heyday (1980's). He could run, throw, catch. He was the best football player ever! He got them to a superbowl... and he wasn't a dick.

4) Which "extreme" sport would you like to try (or would have already tried) if you weren't afraid of doing it?

skydiving, and I ain't afraid to do it, ok? I am just to cheap and lazy! I ain't scared of nothin!

5) Are you caught up in "March Madness" (i.e., the NCAA basketball tournament)? Are you a basketball fan? Who will win?

No, am not caught up in March Madness. No I don't watch basketball. Who will win? Well, Tucson made it to the elite 8 last night... and that is as close to Phoenix as I can get. So, I'll root for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home