Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, April 8

Friday Fives

1) What's the one movie you've seen more times than any other?

That would be either 'Fish Called Wanda' or 'Princess Bride'. These films are more than the funniest and best films of all time, but they share something else. As I watch them, I know almost every single line of dialogue so it's kinda sad. I am pretty sure I could put on Princess Bride and turn the sound off and just riff the whole movie. Yup, I am that annoying guy.

2) If you could turn one book, comic book or other print story into a feature-length movie, what story would you pick and why?

Well, I regard Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as the greatest book ever written. The good news is someone has got to that already. Same with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I'd have to say my favorite writer over all is Herman Hesse. His stories are very spiritual and always spoke to me. If someone could knock out any one of his books really well, that would be great. You would need the kind of director like Charlie Kauffman. Then, crazy good acting talent like Daniel Day Lewis or Russell Crowe. Yeah, that would be something.

3) Whom would you cast?

I just answered that. Which means either I am intuitive, or you are inattentive. For the record, reader... I don't pre-screen these questions. I answer them in absolute real time, so you are getting my steam of consciousness process as you read. Lucky you.

4) What one movie would you like to see "updated for the year 2005"? (Ie, a remake)

Harold and Maude

5) What one movie are you most looking forward to this year?

I can't say there is anything coming out that I will probably see on the screen, except for the new Batman. That looks pretty cool. Everything else can wait for DVD and Netflix.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Caddyshack. When I see it on as I am flipping through channels I just can't turn it off. Since I was in high school I've been fascinated by this movie. Carl the assistant greens keeper is The greatest character ever created for the silver screen. Played to perfection by Bill Murray. I have probably seen it over 200 times.

2. I'm reading a book now by Kinky Friedman called "Ten Little New Yorkers" and have been curious about how it would look on screen. I like the jaded yet hopeful outlook he has on things. Also from my childhood I've always wanted to see a book called "The Sword of Shannara" by Terry Brooks made into a movie. But I think after Peter Jackson's adaptation of "Rings" we've all had enough epic fantasy tales.

3. In Ten Little New Yorkers I would have to cast Nick Nolte. He has a way with "down and out". As for "Sword", all I can picture right now is the cast from L.O.T.R. so ask me again in a few years.

4. "Pride of the Yankees". It's hard to beat Gary Cooper but I would love to see a modern version of that film. With more realistic game action, an accurate representation of the horrors of A.L.S. it would be hard to screw this movie up. And it would be a great way to show baseball fans of today the spirit of this man and what an incredible player he truly was. A much needed reminder to the true fan of why they love the game.

5. See above. Episode 3. Burtons Willy Wonka. Batman. There is a film version of "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" coming out. Love those books. We'll see.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Staff said...

I hated Harold & Maude. Then again, I saw it with people I didn't really like in an outdoor theater and had a root stuck up my ass the whole time.

Nice on the Fish and the Bride. Both great films, easy to watch again and again. I may have seen Billy Madison more than any other as it was on almost constantly the summer after my senior year of college.

Looking forward to: Serenity! Serenity NOW! This WILL be the greatest film of all time.

Second: Hitchhiker. Promos look damned good.

Third: Star Wars III... I guess.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home