Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Friday, July 1

Friday Fives

1. Can you share a tale of a favorite summer cookout/get together?

no. wait, I have a photo of a couple of friends (who were a couple) who fell asleep on each other while totally drunk and threw up on each other while they were asleep. How did we handle it? Did we wake them up, clean them up, make sure they were ok? nope, we took a bunch of pictures. You'll never see them though, and I won't name names. I'd say that is some kind of BBQ memory.

2. What is a favorite summer ritual of yours?

coping with the fact that we have no AC. It's midnight and it is still 80 degrees in the house. If it weren't for this fan and this ice cold cocktail, I'd have to kill all y'all. I know I grew up in Phoenix, but someone made a great point to me long ago about the heat: you can't fix it. Meaning, if it is cold out... you can put on more layers of clothes to compensate. However, if it is hot... you can only go naked. It is been made apparent to me by all concerned that is not the best solution.

3. After a long hot summer day, what is your favorite way to quench your thirst?

Serveral ice cold beers and a nap

4. The 4th of July is coming up, what plans, if any, do you have?

well, it was lookin' like I was going to have to work, but last word is I am off the hook. So, I'll be heading up into the foothills (Coal Creek Canyon) to see my old pal Ed play with one of his bands at a 4th of July festival that this tiny community has. It's great, about 30- 50 people show up. There aren't really vendors. People bring their own coolers and food and the band sets up and plays. Normally, I'd link a wonderul flyer that they made right about here... but for some psychotic reason it is a PDF file so you will have to use your imagination. You're still invited, though... and I'll talk to Ed about putting future flyers in Jpegs for us normal folks.

5. What are you looking forward to doing most before the summer ends?

Camping and playing guitar in the woods. We have lots planned though, between trips to horse races around the state and the big trip to Northern Arizona for Labor Day.

Thanks as always go to Roy, even if these questions were less fertile than my left sac since the operation. We love him, and so do you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home