Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Thursday, July 7

Friday Fives

1. What is the best thing about the city in which you live? What is the worst?

Denver - best thing is living so close to the Rockies. It is a 45 minute drive for me to be smack dab in the middle of the mountains. In fact, that is where I will be this weekend. Stay away from my house.

Worst part? I have absolutely no regrets about living here, but our Brown Cloud seems to be a bit of a health concern.

2. Describe an idea or invention of yours that you would like to see turned into reality.

hmm, so many of my ideas have already come to fruition. For example: chocolate chip pancakes, clocks on cell phones, and the iPod were all ideas of mine before they were on the market. Don't worry, I am not trying to take credit for these ideas. That would be delusional, I am just saying I too thought of those before they went public. That being said, my visions tend to pertain to media. For example, my goal is a 'personal server'. This would be an iPod like (or cell phone thingy) that held your phone numbers, CD collection, DVD collection, and be also a UHF remote for turning on and off lights and such as you approach a room. Also, it would be a garage door opener. How you think of a 'PDA', well this would be like that... but for your house. It would be bluetooth too, for easy data transferal between two devices.

One thing it would not be is a camera. For that, I would use... gasp... a camera.

3. If you could strike one word from the English language, which word would you choose and why?

nigger. No good can come from this word, it is just terrible. It's even worse that there is the new generation of blacks using that as slang for each other. I don't walk into work and say 'what up, crackers?' or 'what's crackin' honkeys'?

ok, actually I do say stuff like that... because it's funny and has some decent shock value. Regardless, the n word is bad.

4. If the world had a front porch, what would you do on it?

drink spiked lemonade and play guitar.

5. Did you think that being an adult would be cool?

No, I dreaded it. I mean, of course I hated being a kid... but being a grown up seeemed like so much trouble. Driving, bills, marriage, these things seemed like an awful lot of trouble. Plus, it turns out no one pays for food for you or nothing either. What a gyp! If only I were that handsome and delusional 19 year old. I had long hair, a great social life, my car was paid for, and no overhead financially. Plus, I thought I knew how everything worked. Good times, good times.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. The best thing about [central] Denver is that it’s a bastion of evolved thinking that happens to be at the epicenter of the “red states.” The weather’s also great, the view of the mountains is beautiful, the plethora of good dive bars is an embarrassment of riches, and most of my friends are here as well. The worst? The fact that prices have gone soaring much faster than wages have grown. Thus, real estate and dining are obscenely expensive.

2. Describe an idea or invention of yours that you would like to see turned into reality.

(this is possible today—just more trouble than it’s worth. . .) It would be great have the means of monitoring your home when you are away—never again worry about leaving the iron on, the water running, unauthorized entries, etc. . .From some simple device, we’d be able to visually and systematically check on home whenever one was away.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3. Irrelevant. For a long time, it wasn’t a word, and then grammarians went all soft on us and let it be a word. Let’s abolish it once and for all.

4. Make love under the stars. What the hell kind of question is that?

5. No. In fact I was fairly certain that I would be dead in my mid-20’s, so I never gave adulthood much thought. Thus explaining my prolonged arrested development.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing about "The N Word" is that blacks using it is a form of taking away its power. Much like the homosexual community taking "dyke" "queer" and "fag" and using it themselves. If you are a part of their community, you get to use it, but outside the community, it is forbidden. So I guess what I'm saying is that I have no problem with blacks saying it; everyone else, though, doesn't get to.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home