Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Thursday, July 14

Friday Fives

1. What four things do you need to do this weekend?

small errands mostly. Need to get the bedliner sprayed on the truck. Run downtown to pick up some Red Cross disaster stuff for our branch. Going to watch our horse race on Saturday afternoon, and my very close buddy Army is moving into town late Sunday night.

2. What were the last three things you purchased?

a tank of gas for the truck ($60 - diesel), some flowers for my wife (just kidding, sadly), a bunch of pills and special food for my wonderful and perfect but seriously aging lab Maury dog, and some groceries for dinner.

3. The name of your very first best friend?

His name was Brian Schumacher and we were the closest buddies in the whole wide world and when we were very young he was killed in a car accident. This is heavy stuff I don't ever talk about, and only my brother know about. even my wife doesn't know the story. Are you happy now?

4. What does it say in the signature line of your emails?

In the end I think of music as the saving grace for all humanity

- Henry Miller


5. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say?

in college, I did. They said (you guessed it) Lono! I still have them on the wall down here in the basement. Lono was a name I got from my college roommates because of my love of Hunter Thompson, and the fact that I named my cat Lono as well. The Lono reference is about a Thompson book circa 1981 called 'Curse of Lono' which is phenomenal. I believe it was the very last long form fiction book he ever did. The rest were books of letters, compendiums of columns, or re-pressings of old manuscripts (like Prince Jellyfish & the Rum Diaries).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home