Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Monday, September 18

help me to understand

So, the Pope quoted this super old dude in saying that Islam has 'preferred to solve everything with violence'. That is super summed up by me, and probably poorly. Anyhow, so the Pope says Islam has often historically represented violence.

In order to disprove the Pope, because they were super offended, Islam has threatened to... quote:
wait for defeat... We say to infidels and tyrants: wait for what will afflict you. We continue our jihad. We will not stop until the banner of unicity flies throughout the world," said the statement attributed to the Mujahedeen consultative council. "We will smash the cross," it added, promising Muslims they would "conquer Rome... as they conquered Constantinople."


Ok, so here is how I read this. The Pope says "Dude, you guys gotta lay off the 'violence as a solution for everything' approach if you want people and history to take you seriously. This is how I see his comment, and I am no Pope apologist. In fact, most times I am greatly differing with an quite angered at the Vatican.

So, radical Islam says back: 'Fuck you! We aren't violent, and that is a racist generalation. I will kill you. I will kill every last one of your family in front of you after that.

Does anyone else see the disconnect here? Long story short, these guys pretty much validated every single word of the Pope through their actions and responses. I can almost assure that is the last time I will agree with Pope Ratzenburger.



addendum - the next day: dear reader, this is what you should be saying to me > these cries of anger and violence came from a small minority of insane and violent people. These comments are not indicative of the larger segment of law abiding and decent Muslim people. Stop with you racist generalizations.

That is what you should have said.

Then, I would have said this >
until the Muslim people of the world stand up to these assholes, then they too are a part of the problem. Crazed Muslims will not listen to us, just like crazed Christians will not listen to us. I am hoping, though, that if the Muslim community stands up to these dudes... then it would carry more weight. I am beginning to understand we are in a world war right now - Muslim versus everybody else.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

spite of the fact you simplify things I agree with you. The core message is this and the reaction just makes his word more valid.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home