Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Thursday, November 9

Friday Fives





1. What was the first CD/Record/Album/Artist you ever bought and what format was it in? How often do you doodle. What do your doodles look like?

what the shit does doodling have to do with my first record? Ok, that having been addressed - my first purchase was Van Halen's 1984 on cassette. It was momentous for me, and I really connected to that album, since I 'owned' it. Plus, that baby with the ciggie was just the coolest image I had ever seen. Ok, what do I scibble? Well, I don't scribble much because I don't scribble well. I keep a soduku puzzle near me at all times at the office for meetings. That is how I cope. Also, I send stupid cell phone pics out of context to other people in same meeting to see if I can get them to crack up and get in trouble for playing on their phones instead of paying attention. Juvenile? Yeah, but now you are going to start doing it too... so shut up!

2. How do you usually listen to music? (iPod/Walkman/Stereo/Radio) (Morning, Evening, Mid Day?)

All music comes through the iPod now. I don't use Cds and have cast off Clear Channel rock radio. I have a docking station for the iPod everywhere, even in my cube. In the truck, I listen only NPR. Listening to talk radio makes driving go by effortlessly for me, and hopefully I get less ragey. I mean, how can you get all road raged up on NPR? Can't be done, even if you are a sister beater.

3. What is your favorite genre of music and why?

touigh question, as I am the music guy. Though early Bob Dylan is probably the most important music to me, I have to anwer Metal. I love Metal. It raised me. It never let me down, and never pretended to be smart or well written or even clever. Nope, Metal is about rockin'! Metal pisses off the squares, man... and sounds even better when you are drunk. Metal rules!

4.Would you rather . . . have Spanish subtitles appear as you speak - or - have a phtographic memory where all the people involved are replaced with the cast of Night Court.?

yo hablo espanol, entonces... yo creo que alguien la gente estan sobre de 'Corto de Noche' era mas interesante. Tambien, su mama es una caballo y su papa es una gallina azul!

5. Would you like to know the precise date of your death?

oh lord no. That reminds me of a classic Simpson's moment where DR Hibbert told Homer to go out and live every day like it was his last. Instead of seizing the moment and doing zany things without fear... he spent the day crying 'I don't want to die'. I thought that was a little more realistic than the whole 'zeal for life' montage that normally drops in. I do, however, know the exact date that you will die, and that is almost as satisfying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home