Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Wednesday, January 31

So, America, how far have we come. In my view, nowhere at all. I don't know much about much, but I have my opinion. I don't know much about black culture, honestly. The closest thingI could pretend to understand is that I follow the NFL closely. Since the atheletes are by and large black (or certainly a greater percentage than in regular society)... I would like to make this year's BHM a meditation on blacks in the NFL.

This Superbowl, we are discussing what a breakthrough it is we have to black coaches in the game. How is that a breakthrough? The sport is dominated by African Americans, so how is it that in the 40th year we had this 'breakthrough' means crap. It is akin to saying, "Well, at least we don't hang black people anymore. That's progress, right?"

No, because it wasn't ever acceptable in the first place. Do you see what I am saying? Just because we are a tiny bit less racist than we were a year ago or ten years ago doesn't make it right. Football is a good jumping off point for this discussion for another reason as well. Did you know that when NFL teams interview for a new coach they have to interview at least one black coach? Regardless of the pool of candidates, each team has to interview one African American for the position.

Frankly, that is retarded... and racist. Frankly, I think you are retarded and racist. Sorry, I just had to turn that phrase. I honestly think that you believe you aren't racist. I honestly think that I think I am not racist. Problem is, we both are. An example of this was in the last election (Nov 2006) there was a black candidate who polled way above the other. Everyone, when asked, said they were going for the black guy (sorry, i don't remember his name). However, when the votes got counted... dude totally lost. See, everyone said he was the better dude, and that they weren't bothered he was black.

When it came down to pulling the voting level... when no one was watching... people chickened out and chose the white guy. even though he was the inferior candidate. Sadly, I have to admit this. As I get older and see more, I am certainly not getting more tolerant either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ava B said...

This iss a great post

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home