Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Monday, January 8

but was she impressed?

You remember when President Reagan got shot back in 1980? Do you remember what happened to the dude who shot him? His name was John Hinckley. He is still alive, and in jail. When they asked Hinckley what his motivation was he said "to impress Jodie Foster". Seriously, he did. Many thought he said this because he was crazy... or better... just wanted to sound crazy. What is weird is, dude meant it. He truly shot the President to impress Jodie Foster. In law archives is the actual letter, read it here. Yeah, that is something huh? Jodie Foster used to be quite the hottie, and has aged quite nicely from being a child star. In fact, the whole assassination was apparently a freaky re-enactment of the storyline in 'Taxi Driver', of which Jodie Foster was featured in. There are a lot of questions that linger about Presidential Assassinations which may never get answered. Heck, the Kennedy killing gets more muddled every year. So here is the question I want to know - Jodie Foster > were you impressed?

Seriously, I mean... dude shot the President for you. Whether or not you agree with his politics, you have to be at least a little impressed. I remember when I was a teenager and I was playing guitar at this coffee house and some girl came up to me and handed me a matchbook with her phone number on it. She was too shy to talk to me. I was stoked, and that great ego boost has carried me many many years through guitar practice. So you can imagine, if said gal shot the president for me, well I would just be honored. I mean, you shouldn't shoot anybody fer chrissakes. If you really want to impress a gal, though, I think that takes the cake.

In fact, what is a guy to do to best that? I bought my wife some flowers last week and she said "really, flowers? You know that Hinckley kid shot the president for his girl". How do I follow that? It is for this reason alone that Ms. Foster owes America the answer. Were you impressed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home