Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Wednesday, January 31

CNN is the new Mtv

If you read here, you know that I use CNN as a huge news reference. I love CNN, it's true. I use if for a variety of reasons. One is that CNN is culturally regarded as a safe and unbiased news source. When I say 'CNN says... you are a doofus', that carries some weight. With all the news sources out there, I could get anything I wanted substantiated... anything. In fact, there is a site that let's you write and publish you own press releases. What is terrific about this site is that it then becomes searchable by google news. I could type a story that says 'Jay Z had sex with my dog' and it becomes a google news source.

To make my point, I did just that. Go ahead and go to google news and type in 'jay z dog sex' and see what comes up. So when I choose CNN to validate a story, it is to lend ethos and credibility to the tale. My concern is this, CNN doesn't show news anymore.

I have 900 cable channels through the good people at Comcast. All I want is one CNN Headline news. I just want one channel that does nothing but news that isn't Fox news. For most of my life, that was CNN's Headline news. Now, it has become a 'newstainment' channel. Btw, I now own that phrase I just invented there... so don't touch it. Let's look at what is on the 'news' tonight. Nancy Grace, Glenn Beck, Student News, Showbiz Tonight. I deeply dislike Nancy Grace and her tabloid style, but that isn't my point. My point is that I can't watch the news. 900 bleepin' channels and I can't watch the news.

Hey you meatheads at CNN, if I wanted to newstainment®, I would watch E. Or, anyone of about 30 other channels I could choose from (Biography, People, ABC) etc. Everyone on the planet is serving up newstainment®. I want news, and I can't watch my local affiliate. All they cover is local murder stories, too depressing. Please please please CNN, give my back my news. You may also note the Weather Channel has been trending in this direction as well. I used to get several minutes of full screen weather info, now I get a crawl on the bottom of the screen while Jim Cantore makes out with hurricane victims.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I GOOGLED newstainment and found ten pages of useage dating back to 2003...

another coup of your vocabulary

- Grainger

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home