Liberals treat dogs like people, Conservatives treat people like dogs

Thursday, July 26

Friday Fives

1. What item would you be embarrassed for people to know you own?

a set of rubber duckies and other toys for Sunday night bathtime

2. What is something you splurged on just for you?

my bike. Last fall I spend a grand on a new mountain bike. It' s super sweet dope ass Canonndale. I am offsetting the cost by biking to work, though. Plus, it's my first new bike in twenty years... so I figured I earned it.

3. What is something that you own with no real world value that is priceless to you?

a small gold plated tie tack in the shape of a Buffalo from my late Grandfather. We are all from Buffalo, see. I mention Phoenix a lot, but it all began in Buffalo.

4. Do you collect anything?

guitars, I guess. I got 7, and still want more. Along with making music, they are things of shape and beauty... like yourself.

5. What item belonging to a friend/family member do you covet?

right now, my brother's Apple laptop. He offered it to me months ago but has been dragging his feet because he would have to replace is whole rig. I have to toil in the basement to write this stuff folks... in the basement. I feel like some kind of common leatherbound sex slave right out of pulp fiction. I am sure he doesn't read this, but if he did I would say something like this: dear grainger, is it that you want me to be a slave to windows forever? This is your chance to get me off the stuff. If I can't get your laptop, I am just going to by a $400 cheapie toshiba something or other so I can surf upstairs on the network.

Aw, who we kiddin? What's a guy like that care about motivating his own little brother. He's only a motivational speaker. add tears... and.... scene!

2 Comments:

Blogger Woody said...

1. What item would you be embarrassed for people to know you own?

muffin pans

2. What is something you splurged on just for you?

I'm going to buy a new guitar, maybe today. A Martin or Seagull acoustic. Or a Les Paul something...

3. What is something that you own with no real world value that is priceless to you?

My grandfather's harmonica.

4. Do you collect anything?

surfboards. I have 12 in the garage and 2 or 3 "loaners" out to friends who aren't inspired enough to buy their own boards. they'll never be real surfers.

But surfboards are like golf clubs. Specifically, you could use one golf club for an entire round of golf, but you would only have the correct club for the conditions every once in a while. Hence, golfers have 8, 10, or more clubs. So if my surfboard quiver were golf clubs, my longboard would be my pitching wedge, my 6'11" a driver, and my 5'10" fish would be a 5 iron. Not sure what the putter would be. Probably my 6'2" bat tail quad, since its application is very specific.

5. What item belonging to a friend/family member do you covet?

my dad's boat. while my parents are still married, the boat is certainly more my dad's than my mom's. but their boat is on Cape Cod and I live in San Diego. My dilemma is that I live on the coast but because we don't have lots of harbors and coves to anchor boats in, boat ownership is a big deal in California. On the east coast, everyone has a boat. It's like having a car or kids. You just have a boat. But I can't do that very easily here for a number of reasons. I have a house with a driveway, so hopefully some day I'll have a boat in that driveway. but for now I surf daily, which scratches the itch for a boat.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Lono of Denver said...

due to my persuasive, and sadly pandering prose... I WIN. I am getting my brother's laptop this week.

This is a big development that gets me out of the basement. What that means for you is much much more of my patented 'iamcorrectey goodness'!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home